Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy 2009! And Fantasy Racing...again

Good day, everybody. It's been a while since I've been on here, that much is definitely true. The simple fact of the matter is that while there have been quite a few things going on in the racing world of late (team pull-outs, some movement on the NASCAR driver market, Bernie Ecclestone making stupid statements about the global economic downturn not affecting F1, etc.), I've been extremely, EXTREMELY lazy. I've also been busy with traveling to the in-laws for Christmas and general holiday on-the-go-ness, but mostly it's been the lazy thing. I suppose that's my calling card, though. Do what you do best, even if it's nothing, right?

On the other hand, the 2009 racing season draws close. This is very good news, even if things remain in a constant state of flux in most of the major worldwide racing series. The approaching racing season also means that it's almost time to kick off another season of fantasy racing, in my All-Racing Fantasy League.

There has been a great response so far, with a few new team owners coming on board, but I still have a couple of spots open for new team owners for this year. The main change since my last post is that due to the loss of several road races in F1, IndyCar, ALMS and GrandAm (five total since last season), I've decided to re-balance the number of road and oval races by dropping the NASCAR Truck series from the ARFL sanction. So, for any of you you might have been scared off by having to know stuff about a third-rate stock "car" series, worry no more. The series that we'll be using for our scoring are the aforementioned F1, IndyCar, ALMS, GrandAm and also the NASCAR Cup series (they don't pay me anything, so no series sponsor mention from me). As Johnny and The Duke proclaimed on the latest (and fantastically excellent) Live Fast Racing Podcast, the Truck series may not live to see 2010, so it's probably not a bad thing to cut it loose from my attention right now.

If you are at all interested in playing this year, please drop me a line, either in my comments or to my e-mail, which is andymiller23 at gmail dot com. I'll be happy to send you all of the necessary material to get you up to speed (basically, a two page set of rules and an Excel spreadsheet of last year's statistics). The pre-season team draft is coming up in less than two weeks, so time is running out for you to get in on the ground floor of what should be a fun (and hopefully recurring) supplement to your race watching.

A Happy New Year to all from The 'Geek! More soon...

2 comments:

Goose said...

I'd love to participate in this.

Goose said...

Btw, my e-mail is manob32 at gmail.com.